FedEx is one of the largest delivery service providers in the world and it has been providing outstanding service to its customers since its inception. FedEx has millions of customers all over the world and has several branches not only in the US but also in many parts of the country. The biggest advantage of FedEx is that it provides real-time updates of packages and the customer can track whereabouts of their package at any point of time sitting at their home. Though FedEx has this tracking facility still everyone cannot avail this facility due to various reasons such as problems with Internet facility, lack of awareness, inability to use, etc. That is the reason why a huge section of FedEx customer uses to query – When does FedEx stop delivering? Actually every customer knows that FedEx provides outstanding service but the company even do not takes breaks during the weekends for satisfying their customers. But there must be some holidays when FedEx will remain closed. That is the reason why whenever any holidays approaches every FedEx question arises in their mind that whether FedEx will remain closed on that particular holiday or will it operate its the normal mail delivery service. That is the reason why it becomes very essential to know the holiday list so that you can easily plan your shipment as per the FedEx holiday. In such case there will be no chances of getting your parcel stuck in the transit because no mail will be delivered on the holidays. Knowing the holiday list in advance thus becomes very beneficial for the customers.
FedEx Holidays 2020 :
FedEx does not remain closed in all federal holidays as it always tries its best to provide optimum services to its customers. But there are few important federal holidays which FedEx observes and remains closed. Hence during those holidays no normal mail service will be delivered. So if you are a FedEx customer and want to ship your mail or package through FedEx you must be aware of FedEx holidays. Apart from the normal customers there are many small enterprises that totally depend on the courier service providers. So, if the courier service providers on which they rely then it will become a huge problem for them in maintaining or controlling their own operations. Hence for these small scale companies it becomes more essential to know the holiday schedule of FedEx so that they schedule their operation according to the holiday schedule of FedEx. In such case, there will be no problem in the shipment of the company as they will only remain their own office open when FedEx will be opened and thus their service will be operated normally without any disturbance. Apart from that their customers will also not be able to know that their service totally depends on the FedEx service. Thus knowing holiday list of 20202 becomes utmost important for both the normal customers as well as the companies which totally depend on FedEx services.
The following table presents the list of holidays that FedEx will observe:
|January 1, 2020||Wednesday||New Year’s Day|
|April 12, 2020||Sunday||Easter|
|April 13, 2020||Monday||Easter (observed)*|
|May 25, 2020||Monday||Memorial Day|
|July 3, 2020||Friday||Independence Day (observed)*|
|July 4, 2020||Saturday||Independence Day|
|September 7, 2020||Monday||Labor Day|
|November 26, 2020||Thursday||Thanksgiving Day|
|December 24, 2020||Thursday||Christmas Eve|
|December 25, 2020||Friday||Christmas Day|
* Since Easter falls on Sunday in 2020 FedEx has decided to observe this holiday on the next day of Easter, i.e., on 13th April.
* According to US Government regulations Independence Day will be observed on 4th July buy since it is a Saturday when almost all offices will remain closed FedEx has decided to observe the Independence holiday on 3rd July instead of 4th July.
As per the US Government holiday list, there are many federal holidays that are usually observed in the US such as Martin Luther King Jr. Day, President Day, Columbus Day and Veterans Day when almost all offices, schools, colleges will remain closed. But FedEx will only observe the above-listed holidays that are mentioned in the above table.
FedEx Holiday Schedule :
Knowing FedEx ground holiday schedule in advance helps in planning the shipment easily and thus your mail or courier will be delivered on time. It is true that FedEx always tries to deliver the courier on a timely basis and when there are holidays they try to complete the shipment before their office gets closed. All the staff of FedEx is true professionals and they work very hard to satisfy their customers but during the holidays they remain totally closed and do not operate any of their mail services. They take the break on those holidays and spend that valuable time with their families and friends. So, no matter whether you are a FedEx normal customer or the company which depends on FedEx for its own service then knowing holiday list becomes very important. Apart from that, there are many customers who actually do not know the significance of the federal holidays that FedEx observes and so they wonder why such holidays are observed. So, in this article apart from the holidays that will be observed in 2020 we have also come up with the reason for observing those holidays so that the customers of FedEx can understand the significance of the holidays.
The following are the federal holidays that FedEx is going to observe in 2020:
- Wednesday, January 1 New Year’s Day: New Year day is known to every day as it is observed in every country in this world along with the US. Actually what happens is that in most of the countries of the world Gregorian and Julian calendar is followed in which the 1st January is considered to be the first day of the year. Thus just like any other country the 1st January is believed to the starting day of the year in the US and as a result the US citizen observes this day as a federal holiday and takes a break from their normal daily activities for enjoying the New Year day to the fullest extent. People observe this day by doing various activities by taking some resolutions for getting rid of any bad habits, by worshiping in the churches for blessings, by doing parades, etc. One common ritual of New Year is commonly seen nowadays for wishing on the New Year. People also gift each other on this special day. Since its inception FedEx also observes this special day as the holiday. FedEx keeps its office close on this day throughout the country as well as all over the world so that every employee of FedEx can enjoy this day with their friends and families. Thus if you are a FedEx customer you should keep in mind that FedEx mail service will remain completely closed on the New Year Day and so ship accordingly.
- Sunday, April 12 Easter: Easter is an important day for all Christians as it commemorates Jesus Christ’s resurrection from death. That is the reason why Easter is observed as a holiday throughout the world. US being a Christian country observes this day as a special federal holiday. However, since Easter is observed on Sunday this holiday does not affect the working schedule of any office. Easter Sunday is also observed as a holiday in FedEx every year since its inception. In 2020 Easter falls on 12th April and as it is a Sunday FedEx decided to observe this holiday on the next day i.e., on 13th April 2020. So if you are FedEx customer you must remember that no FedEx office will be running for two continuous days i.e., from 12th April to 13th April and you cannot expect any mail or package to be delivered on both these two days. So make the shipment in such a way your package gets delivered well before Easter.
- Monday, May 25 Memorial Day: Memorial Day is also known as Decoration Day and on this day all Americans used to commemorates those people who had sacrificed their life in military service for the United States. In the US, Memorial Day is observed on the last Monday of May month. Apart from visiting the cemeteries as well as memorials on this special day, there is another significance of this special day. That is from Memorial Day the people of America use to see the day as the start of the summer season. So, on 25th May you will find all offices of FedEx closed and no mail service will be running on this day. So if you need to deliver any package or mail make sure that you ship them in such a way that it reaches can easily reach your recipient before 24th May.
- Friday, July 3 Independence Day: As per US Government regulation in 2020 Independence will be observed on July 4, 2020. On this special day US got its independence from the British Empire. That is the reason why all Americans use to observe this day with great pomp and happiness. It is actually a golden day for them that have given them independence and thus they keep all offices, schools, colleges closed on this day. Just like any other organization FedEx remains closed on Independence Day every year. But since in 2020 the Independence Day falls on Saturday which is already a weekend and many offices remain closed on Saturday in the US, FedEx decided to observe Independence Day one day prior to 4th July. That means no mail services will be running from July 3 to July 5 as it will be the weekend. So, you have to be very alert and must do your shipment in advance otherwise it will remain in transit for 3 continuous days.
- Monday, September 7 Labor Day: It has now become a ritual in the US to observe Labor Day on the first Monday of September month. It is not only the Americans who observe Labor Day but it is observed in many parts of the world when people use honor and commemorate the contribution of the workers. But the difference is that Americans use to observe this day on the first Monday of September month whereas the other countries observes it on some other day. On this day every office, college, schools remain closed in the US and just like every other organization FedEx observes this day as a holiday. FedEx keeps all its offices closed on this day and as such no normal mail service will be running on this day. So the FedEx customer cannot expect their package to be delivered on this special day.
- Thursday, November 26 Thanksgiving Day: There is a great significance of Thanksgiving Day. It is actually a harvest festival in the US and is usually observed on the fourth Thursday of November. On this day the people of America use to thank their God for their autumn harvest and congratulate each other for their success that they had achieved in that year. Thus this day is considered to be a holiday in the US. It is also observed in some other parts of the world. On this day FedEx offices will remain closed throughout the US and just like any other holiday no normal mail service will be operated on this day. So, it is advisable for all FedEx customers to ship their packages well in advance.
- Thursday, December 24 Christmas Eve: The day before Christmas Day is actually called Christmas Eve which is observed with great happiness in the US as well as in various countries of the world. Thus on 24th December i.e., Christmas Eve all offices, schools, and colleges will remain closed. Actually, on this day people use to do various activities such as doing their last-minute shopping, decorating their house, preparing cake, wine, and other foods, etc. Hence every people of America remain very busy on this day for making preparation for the Christmas. So FedEx keeps its office closed so that their employees can also enjoy it.
- Wednesday, December 25 Christmas Day: Christmas day is the birthday of Jesus Christ and so it is the big day for all Christians. Christmas Day is observed not only in America but also all over the world. Being the greatest day of the year all Americans celebrate this day with great pomp. Just like any other Americans FedEx will also celebrate this day to its fullest extent and remain its office closed throughout the country and they do not operate any of their mail services on this day.
Thus, you have seen that though FedEx is a renowned courier service company that has its reputation for its outstanding service it does not compromise with the holidays. During holidays FedEx remains totally closed and does not operate any other normal mail service delivery. Hence, it is very important for all FedEx customers to know the complete FedEx holiday list so that you can plan your shipment as per FedEx holiday schedules.