USPS is one of the most popular and demanding postal services in the world. Due to its exceptional service people from all over the world always prefer to avail of the service of USPS. One such service is to let the customer know that their mailbox is not working or needs some attention. There may be some time when your mailbox is not in the appropriate shape and during such condition if the customers are not aware of that condition or the postal service does not take appropriate measures for letting the customer know about it then the customer may miss some important mail. That is the reason why USPS has come out with PS Form 4056 or ‘Your Mailbox Needs Attention’ Form to notify the customer that there is something wrong with their mailbox and needs appropriate attention.
PS Form 4056 or ‘Your Mailbox Needs Attention’ Form is actually prepared by the Post Master. The postmaster will not only send this form to you but he will also give you the reason why he has sent you the form. There can be various reasons for which the postmaster may decide to send you the form and some of the most common reasons are given as follows:
- PS Form 4056 or ‘Your Mailbox Needs Attention’ Form is sent when your mailbox is not an approved box and is not accepted by the Post Master.
- PS Form 4056 or ‘Your Mailbox Needs Attention’ Form may also be sent when the door of the customer is not in proper condition and needs appropriate attention.
- The Postmaster may also send the PS Form 4056 or ‘Your Mailbox Needs Attention’ Form if he finds that the mailbox that the customer is using is not waterproof. It is very essential to always use a waterproof mailbox other it may happen that the postal carrier delivers your mail in your mailbox but due to rain or bad weather condition your mail or document may get destroyed. Under such circumstances people generally blame the postal carrier and as such USPS takes the responsibility to let the customer know about the condition of their mailbox so that they cannot blame the postal carrier rather take an appropriate measure and replace their mailbox with a waterproof version.
- PS Form 4056 or ‘Your Mailbox Needs Attention’ Form are sometimes sent when it is observed that the signal flag is not working properly and needs the immediate attention of the customer.
- You will also receive PS Form 4056 or ‘Your Mailbox Needs Attention’ Form from the postmaster if your mailbox is too near to the road for the security reason. It may always happen that the postal carrier delivers your mail in the mailbox in your absence and some outsider may take you important mail or document without your knowledge. In such a case you will never receive your mail or document and you will blame the postal carrier is not delivering the mail or document. USPS never wants such circumstances to happen and as such, they use to notify the customer in advance about the condition.
- PS Form 4056 or ‘Your Mailbox Needs Attention’ Form is also sent to the customers when their mailbox is not facing the road. If it is not facing the road it will become difficult for the USPS carrier to deliver your mail or document in your mailbox. Hence the postmaster takes an initiative to let you know about the condition.
- PS Form 4056 or ‘Your Mailbox Needs Attention’ Form is also sent if the postmaster feels that a new post for your mailbox should be provided.
These are some vital reason due to which you may receive the PS Form 4056 or ‘Your Mailbox Needs Attention’ Form. While sending PS Form 4056 or ‘Your Mailbox Needs Attention’ Form the postmaster will also give you a date by which you need to correct you the fault otherwise all your mail or document will be suspended by USPS. Apart from that, you will also receive a few instructions on the backside of the form that will you a lot in correcting the fault. Hence it is always recommended to read those instructions so that USPS can also provide you the best services.